Monday 2 May 2011

Let's get started

Hey there one and all! My name is Elliot Cheall-Sharp and I'm a student of Journalism, Film and Media at Cardiff University in Wales. For as long as I can remember I have a general love (some say obsession) with films of any kind, and so i thought to myself the time has finally come in which to do something about it, this came to me for two reasons, one it will look good on my CV ;) and two, I just have far too much time on my hands!

Generally I will be offering honest, non-biased reviews of films that I have seem recently, and I must say that is quite a lot, they won't all necessarily be newly released films...just ones that I see. Every now and then I will deviate from this in some way, shape or form, but we shall deal with that when we come to it.

As I am in the middle of an essay assignment (ergo making this procrastination at its best) I will not be posting my first review for a few days...Until then I leave you with these words:

"In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends" - Anton Ego (Peter O'Toole) Ratatouille (2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment